Ringa Atawhai Mātauranga PTE is committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1993 and will endeavour to protect all personal information that comes into its possession in accordance with the principles of the Act.
1. Collection of personal information
- Ringa Atawhai Mātauranga PTE will only collect personal information that is voluntarily submitted to it either in person, through email, or through the online forms and surveys contained on its website or where the collection of personal information is authorised by the person to whom the information relates. The collection of personal information could include, but is not necessarily limited to, the following circumstances:
- Personal information submitted as a result of a brochure/ prospectus/ information request(s);
- Personal information submitted in an online application and/or enrolment form;
- Personal information submitted to lay a query or complaint with Ringa Atawhai Mātauranga PTE.
- The following information will only be collected by the Ringa Atawhai Mātauranga PTE server for statistical and system administration purposes when you visit the Ringa Atawhai Mātauranga PTE website:
- your browser’s internet address;
- your server’s address;
- your domain name and IP address;
- operating system;
- date and time of visit to the website, and the pages you accessed and documents you downloaded;
- username entered if you are accessing a restricted site.
- In the usual course of Ringa Atawhai Mātauranga PTE’s business we will not attempt to identify individuals from information recorded by Ringa Atawhai Mātauranga PTE’s server. However, law enforcement and other Government agencies may legally require access to this information in the course of an investigation.
2. Use and disclosure of personal information
- Personal information collected will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected and/or for approved student administration or course-related purposes (e.g. information sent to Studylink to verify enrolment for the purposes of student loans and/or allowances; information published in the award handbook during graduation; course-related information sent to enrolled students via text messaging) or to comply with various legislative reporting requirements.
- Only authorised staff of Ringa Atawhai Mātauranga PTE will have access to personal information held by the Institute, and no personal information will be disclosed to third parties except in the following circumstances:
- with the consent of the individual concerned;
- as expressly provided in this privacy statement or any other relevant documentation (e.g. an application or enrolment form); and/or
- where disclosure is required or authorised by law.
- Personal information relating to students may be disclosed to, or sought from, other educational institutions for the purpose of verifying and maintaining information relating to academic records.
- Where required by law, the Institute releases personal information to government agencies such as the New Zealand Police, the Department of Justice, the Ministry of Social Development and the Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC).
- Ringa Atawhai Mātauranga PTE contracts out certain aspects of its support services/IT administration to external contractors, which may mean that Ringa Atawhai Mātauranga PTE’s external contractors have access to your personal information.
3. Access to and correction of personal information
- You have the right to request access to any of your personal information held by Ringa Atawhai Mātauranga PTE, and where you believe that such information is inaccurate or requires correction, you have the right to request its amendment.
4. Usage tracking via cookies and Google Analytics
- Ringa Atawhai Mātauranga PTE uses Google Analytics and its Demographic and Interests reports to determine which pages on this website attract the most interest, and which content is of interest to which groups, to help improve this website’s content. Ringa Atawhai Mātauranga PTE does this using a feature of your browser called a cookie to assign your computer a ‘User ID’. Cookies do not contain information by which the Institute can identify you personally – they only identify your computer to Ringa Atawhai Mātauranga PTE’s servers. Ringa Atawhai Mātauranga PTE does not use these cookies together with any other cookies to identify you.
If you have any queries or concern about the privacy of your personal information, please contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org